SEO the term stand’s for search engine optimization, which is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic with the help of organic results of major search engines. Don’t get confused with the term because the irony here is we are not optimizing the search engine we are optimizing our content so it can appear on the top of Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
To get visibility, you must understand the core component:
- What type of content is desired by the audience (Check the quality and relevancy of your content, the content which you are presenting should provide a quick solution to public query)
- Try to understand how the search engine work.
- Try to get a hang of everything from optimizing your content to the promotion of your website (there is a ton of free tools on the internet so start small and then go big)
Search engine technology is continuously evolving, take for instance from 1997 to this day there are some major changes in search engines like Google panda and Penguin, Hummingbird, then there was a knowledge graph and in recent years there is mobile-first. Through all of these changes, one thing which hasn’t changed at all is the basic principle of SEO, which is quality content, relevancy, quick solution, and the user interface.
The first and foremost thing to do in SEO to bring your page on SERP is On-page SEO and Off-page SEO-
- On-page SEO:- On the page search engine ranking factor is entirely dependent on the writer or owner of that particular page. What type of content are they using, is that appropriate to their customers? Optimize your page with an appropriate title, description and heading tag, and lastly it also depends on the architecture of your website whether it is helping or obstructing search engine algorithms to crawl.
- Off-page SEO:- Off the page search engine ranking are those which are not directly controlled by the owner, to some extent, it has to do with promotion techniques beyond the website design.
While doing the search engine optimization for your page you have to look for the keyword density, it is generally how many times your focus keywords are appearing on that particular page, but it doesn’t mean that you have to stuff your keyword anywhere, try to form a meaningful sentence with it otherwise you will be violating google standards, which is not particularly good for your website.
Two more things play a vital role in placing your website to the top of SERP, the first one is an SSL certificate which is like a security thing and it built trust when you have an SSL certificate your website URL will start from https:// . The second one is link building which is a form of Off-page SEO, search engines look at the relevancy of the site connecting to you, how well known the linking site is and their popularity.
( I have barely scratched the surface regarding SEO, stay connected for details, I am just getting started on SEO )